Wednesday, September 06, 2006

No Compromise And No Surrender

The place where Greenbelt left me was to re-visit basic agreements with God. My own personal deal if you like. Simply put, it is one of no compromise and no surrender but it also touches on things like standing in truth and stating truth and not being afraid of truth. Others may lie or deceive or feel the need to play politics but there is no need for me to participate.

To remind myself that it is what God wants me to be that is important not people. People can express their opinion but I shouldn’t make their view my primary source of direction. We’ll see how that goes.

I don’t mind people talking about other people and I recognise the need for us to make sense of our fellow humans. I don’t like to be manipulated either into taking a particular line on a person or into doing or saying something I don’t want to. So a new resolve to apply these principles and damn the consequences. Could get a bit rocky but what the heck.

No comments: