Monday, September 05, 2005

Post Greenbelt pt1

A long silence usually means activity in real life and the past ten days has meant Greenbelt activity … it all passes in such a rush … so I thought I would just write some stuff down that are like fleeting images in my head … probably have to be in bits as I am trying to catch up with real life

Let’s start with funny stuff … I will probably remember more but I have a head full of laughter … so many one liners so little time

T-shirts … they make me laugh … well not so much the shirt as the things written on them … my all time favourite still has to be a friend who a few years ago carried the slogan ‘Jesus Loves You But I’m His Favourite’ … I begged him for that shirt but he wouldn’t hand it over

New for this year on my friends T-Shirt … ‘My Rice Krispies Made Me Do It’ … on a lady with large chests ‘Twin Air Bags Fitted As Standard’ … and the simple yet effective lady wearing the legend ‘I Love Boobies’

Funny moments … keeping an eye on an act called Bedlam Oz who were using industrial size venting tubes to create large lifelike slinkies … as they wrapped themselves around each other like huge worms wriggling in and out and around … a woman standing near me muttered ‘disgusting and with children watching’ … I was speechless … I think that was probably the disgusting corners of your mind love

First night on site … 1 am … walking with a friend across the site and I noticed two stewards with a camera with a huge lens looking as if they were taking photos in the dark

Me: what are they doing taking photos in the dark?
Steward: (who knew me apparently) it’s a night vision camera … come up one night and we’ll let you have a look
Me: how empty do you think my life is (i start to walk away)
Steward: I read your Blog

devastated !

1 comment:

1 i z said...

It was a good line though admit it?

Not often I see you stopped in your tracks hon ;-)

And the culprit/wit was a certain Jim Stewart aka Fat Controller.

He can be found here: http://spaces.msn.com/members/jts/PersonalSpace.aspx

Now you can judge whether his blogged life is any more full than yours...